While families staying in Dubai, we come across common scenarios where either of the couple is a working member and the rest of the family is dependent on them. While applying for UAE visa online, you can always seek knowledge from the service provider on this. If you are looking for reliable UAE visa services, apply for UAE visa at www.instauaevisa.org. Visa specialists take care of your complete requirements and offer you a seamless service experience. This tutorial will coach you how to get a UAE visa for your spouse.

Take a look:

Income limits

The most important and crucial consideration for sponsoring your spouse to come to Dubai is your income slab. These limits decide whether you will be able to manage the expenses of your partner or not.

A husband sponsoring his wife and children, his earning per month should be Dh 3,000 plus accommodation. Without accommodation, he should be earning Dh 4,000. 

A wife sponsoring her husband and children, her earning per month should be Dh 3,000 plus accommodation. Without accommodation she should have a salary of Dh 4,000. This is applicable of she belongs to these professions- teacher, doctor, engineer, nurse or in any medical sector-role. 

Verification from the GDRFA is recommended as changes migh occur depending on the case.

A wife sponsoring her husband and children, needs to make a special request to the GDRFA  is she is working in other categories besides the ones mentioned above. She needs to touch earnngs of Dh 8,000 per month to do so. Approvals are offered on case to case basis so she should have excellent documentation while applying for a UAE visa for her husband and children.

Documents required (Important)

  • If you wish for a hassle-free UAE visa process, then just drop a message at www.instauaevisa.org. The expert team will give you complete and easy guidance on How to apply for a UAE visa.
  • Duly filled Application Form
  • Salary certificate
  • Duly attested work contracts
  • Bank statement of past 3 months for long-time residents (New residents can submit 1 month bank statement and a letter from the bank confirming the salary transfer)
  • Duly attested rent agreement/contract
  • Emirates ID card
  • Contract of labour sponsor/labour card
  • Marriage certificate duly attested by UAE authorities (either married in the UAE or in home country)
  • Original Passports and copies, of both sponsor and family member/s.
  • Medical check-up report of spouse or children over the age of 15 years from an authorized hospital/clinic.
  • 3 clear passport photos of spouse and family member/s
  • Approval from GDRFA (in case a wife is applying and working in other categories, see above)


  • Approach a typing centre with copies of all relevant documents and get a typed-up application form. It will cost around Dh 310 per family member (typing charges extra). 
  • Submit the application form, copy of entry visa (tourist or visit), medical certificate and all other documents at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs Dubai (GDRFA) to get the visa approved. 
  • If your spouse is not in the country at the time of application, he or she has to complete medical tests, visa stamping and Emirates ID procedures within 60 days from the date of entry as given in the entry permit. 
  • If your spouse is in the country, he or she need not exit the country. You shall be required to spend Dh 510 (not including typing charges) to change the status of the visa from temporary to residency, after completing all required procedures. 
  • All dependents now need basic medical insurance according to UAE Law. So apply for the same with a set o required documents.